Teach your grandmother (how) to suck eggs
Give advice to somebody about something they know more about than you.
Can you put the correct verbs in the gaps in these sentences?
1) Can you buy some more kitchen paper? I’ve ______ it all up.
2) This question is just too difficult – I ______ up!
3) Please can you ______ up your room? It’s a mess!
4) Sam was very late arriving at the party. He didn’t ______ up until 11 pm!
5) That restaurant is doing very good business. In fact, they’ve just ________ up a second restaurant in Canterbury.
6) Don’t leave your clothes on the floor! ______ them up in the wardrobe!
7) If you want to go on the school trip, please _____ up on the list on the noticeboard.
8) If you _____ up all your vegetables, you can have a pudding!
Check your answers below.