be (as) right as rain
Feel well again
So… this week’ s quiz is all about vocabulary.
These anagrams are all things we associate with summer. It’s nearly here!
Can you unscramble the words? There is a clue after each one, to help you.
1) hnesnuis (We had lots of this at the weekend!)
2) cei mecra (Delicious!)
3) nmsimwgi (an activity)
4) dolyhai (I’m looking forward to mine!)
5) hnsgitnuab (a lazy activity)
6) erbeecuba (Where are the burgers?)
7) hacbe (We have lots of these in or near Broadstairs)
8) dnalssa (something you wear!)
Check the answers below.
Can you put the correct phrasal verbs (from the list below) in the correct gaps? You may need to change the form (e.g. -ing form / tense).
get off with get away with get at (x 2)
get round get over get through get across
1) Stop __________________ me! You’re always criticising!
2) His parents never discipline their son – he ____________
3) “I bought you some flowers, darling.”
“Don’t try to _________________ me! You forgot our
4) It took her grandfather a long time to ____________ his
5) It’s difficult to ______ your point ______ to him – he never
6) I’ve been trying to call John all morning, but I can’t
____________ – I think there’s a problem with the connection.
7) The teenager who stole the car ____________ lightly
because he was so young – he just had to do some
8) I can’t ____________ the sugar, the shelf’s too high! Can
you reach it?
Some mixed grammar problems for you this week! Can you correct the mistakes in these sentences?
1) I’ll be an astronaut when I grow up!
2) I’m sorry, I’m not understanding this question.
3) Have you any brothers or sisters?
4) I had a bath when the phone rang.
5) He has beautifuls flowers in his garden.
6) Their childrens are very young.
7) I don’t have some money.
8) I like most animals, but I don’t like the snakes.
9) I didn’t do nothing at work today!
10) I can’t afford buying that jacket.
11) If I will have enough money, I’ll go to the cinema.
12) This is the first time I’m eating kangaroo.
Answers and explanations below!
Something a bit different this week… a UK quiz! Can you answer the following questions?
1) What is the capital city of Wales?
2) What is the official address of the Prime Minister?
3) What is the telephone number for the emergency services?
4) What is the second biggest city in England (after London)?
5) At what age do UK children start school?
6) How many countries are there in Great Britain?
7) Where was William Shakespeare born?
8) What is a ‘quid’?
9) What is the highest value Bank of England note?
10) What famous fictional character lived at 221B Baker Street?