Can you match the adjectives with their noun collocations?
So… this week’ s quiz is all about vocabulary.
These anagrams are all things we associate with summer. It’s nearly here!
Can you unscramble the words? There is a clue after each one, to help you.
1) hnesnuis (We had lots of this at the weekend!)
2) cei mecra (Delicious!)
3) nmsimwgi (an activity)
4) dolyhai (I’m looking forward to mine!)
5) hnsgitnuab (a lazy activity)
6) erbeecuba (Where are the burgers?)
7) hacbe (We have lots of these in or near Broadstairs)
8) dnalssa (something you wear!)
Check the answers below.
flummoxed (adj) /ˈflʌm.əkst/
So confused that you don’t know what to do
Can you put the correct phrasal verbs (from the list below) in the correct gaps? You may need to change the form (e.g. -ing form / tense).
get off with get away with get at (x 2)
get round get over get through get across
1) Stop __________________ me! You’re always criticising!
2) His parents never discipline their son – he ____________
3) “I bought you some flowers, darling.”
“Don’t try to _________________ me! You forgot our
4) It took her grandfather a long time to ____________ his
5) It’s difficult to ______ your point ______ to him – he never
6) I’ve been trying to call John all morning, but I can’t
____________ – I think there’s a problem with the connection.
7) The teenager who stole the car ____________ lightly
because he was so young – he just had to do some
8) I can’t ____________ the sugar, the shelf’s too high! Can
you reach it?