Can you match the activity with the equipment you need?
Then check the answers at the bottom of the page.
5) STAMP COLLECTING
a) a whisk
b) a spade
c) a tee
d) a needle
e) an album
f) a shuttlecock
g) an easel
Words for ANIMAL NOISES are not the same in all languages! Can you match the animal with the verb/noun we use in English for the sound it makes?
When you’ve finished, check your answers at the bottom of this page.
CONFUSING WORDS. One word is wrong in each of these sentences. Can you find it and correct it?
1) My mother is a fantastic cooker.
2) She worked very hardly for the exam.
3) Could you borrow me some money?
4) Let me pay you a drink.
5) They said us that they came from Italy.
6) Oh no! I forgot my laptop at the library!
7) How high are you? About 1.70 m?
8) Can you remember me to call my mum?
9) I’m very interesting in history.
10) This house is so dirty – I must do some homework!
When you’ve finished, check the answers at the bottom of this page.
The missing words in these sentences are all COLOURS. Can you complete the gaps?
Then check the answers below.
1) If your bank account is in the _______, the bank will charge
you overdraft fees.
2) ‘How often do you go to the opera?’
‘Oh, once in a _______ moon – it’s just too expensive!’
3) Wow, your garden is beautiful! You must have ________
4) Try to be positive about the situation. Every cloud has a
5) Try not to upset the boss this morning – he’s in a really
6) His face was ________ with fear.
live (from) hand to mouth (a hand-to-mouth existence)
Live with only just enough money to eat and nothing for extras.
TLC (Tender Loving Care)
Considerate and kindly care of someone or something that needs it.
(Especially of a criminal or dangerous animal) Free, escaped or not yet captured.
a hat trick
Three successes of the same kind in a limited period, especially in cricket, football, rugby, baseball and ice hockey.