Hever Castle is in our home county of Kent, about 80 miles/130 km from Broadstairs, so easy for a day out. The castle dates back 700 years in parts,and was the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII (He had six in total!). It has 125 acres of beautiful gardens, two mazes and a boating lake, as well as shops and restaurants.
Here is a video of one of our recent day trips there.
So… this week’ s quiz is all about vocabulary.
These anagrams are all things we associate with summer. It’s nearly here!
Can you unscramble the words? There is a clue after each one, to help you.
1) hnesnuis (We had lots of this at the weekend!)
2) cei mecra (Delicious!)
3) nmsimwgi (an activity)
4) dolyhai (I’m looking forward to mine!)
5) hnsgitnuab (a lazy activity)
6) erbeecuba (Where are the burgers?)
7) hacbe (We have lots of these in or near Broadstairs)
8) dnalssa (something you wear!)
Check the answers below.